Saturday, June 12, 2010

Bees of the 21st and half century!

I have been playing around with the beetight online hive recording system recently. It was recommended by the VBA... well, by recommended I mean that it was a solitary bullet point in their last email. So far I am very impressed. It was very easy to set up the account and hives. I back filled inspection reports for the hives and already it can present very useful information at a glance. So I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to the pro version ($15/month) since there are some promised pro-only features that I would like, such as 'offline mobile apps' which I assume means something that I can put on my PDA so I can fill out the inspection reports and then synch to have it all go into the system. Also, I feel that it is important to support software developers when you use their software, especially when its so cheep.

If I had a smart phone I could in theory use their online app to enter my inspection information in the field.... but even if I did feel like spending that kind of cash, my parents life in a cellular challenged area so I probably wouldn't be able to use those features.

Now I am eagerly awaiting my account to be upgraded so I can play with whatever new features they have available.

No comments:

Post a Comment