Tuesday, October 11, 2011

2011-08-27: A Coming Storm

I started treating Ceres with Apistan by placing one patty on top of the frames with a reversed slat bottom board providing the necessary space since I didn't have a wedge on hand.
 

Artemis could not be treated at this point as I had honey supers on her still... but while I was inspecting her I broke some burr comb with larvae and noticed more mites than I would have liked to see. I did place the one way bee escape under the supers so bees can only leave the supers and flipped the inner cover so that the top entrance slot will no longer be open. When I come back in a few days the bees should be gone from the supers.
 

 

The double nucs are growing stronger but I would like to see more of their top frames filled with honey.
 

I wrapped up the day by wrapping up the hives in preparation for a Huricane Irene who was expected to roll through the area.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment